April 19, 2021
In this Issue
Here are some of the news articles we are following:
- Cruise Control: Passengers on UK Voyages Allowed Ashore Only on Official Excursions
- When will cruise ships resume sailing? A line-by-line guide
- What Cruise Ships Are Sailing Right Now?
- Cruise Lines Planned Re-openings: The Complete List
- Carnival Cruise Line Says They Aren’t Leaving U.S. Homeports
- Discover by Doing: An Interview with Victory Cruise Lines
- Amid COVID-19 vaccine rollout, Royal Caribbean CEO urges CDC to update sailing guidance
- Miami-Dade Mayor Requests Meeting with CDC on Resuming Cruises
- Winners and Losers as Cruise Lines Resume Service
- Cruises will remain banned, CDC says, as industry pressure to restart heats up
- Holland America Line Status Update
Cover Image by:
Cruise Control: Passengers on UK Voyages Allowed Ashore Only on Official Excursions
With the Foreign Office still warning against international cruises, firms including Cunard, MSC and Princess are switching their ships to UK waters this summer. But at ports of calls, passengers will not be allowed off the ship unless they join an organized excursion. Normally cruise passengers can freely leave the vessel at each port, or choose between a ship-run excursion or a trip run by a local provider.
When will cruise ships resume sailing? A line-by-line guide
When will the Great Cruise Shutdown end? That’s the question cruise fans in North America have been asking for months as they await the day when they can get back on the high seas.
What Cruise Ships Are Sailing Right Now?
Find out if your favorite cruise ship is sailing with our latest list of what cruise ships are sailing right now all over the globe!
Cruise lines around the world will be reopening this spring and summer as the cruise industry looks to start its recovery.
Although the past few weeks have seen both Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises announce round-trip sailings out of the Caribbean, a newly-released letter and video from Carnival Cruise Line president Christine Duffy indicates they aren’t planning to follow suit.
Victory Cruise Lines are an exciting new entry into the expedition market. As part of the Hornblower Group alongside American Queen Steamboat Company, Victory Cruise Lines have an experienced cruise team backing their expedition launch.
The CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises has called on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to update its sailing guidance as the coronavirus vaccine is distributed across the U.S.
Miami-Dade Mayor sends a letter to CDC Director to request a meeting and work together on the resumption of cruise operations in the U.S.
Slowly but surely, cruise lines are finding ways to begin resuming service after a shutdown which saw ships grounded for over a year.
Despite increasing pressure from the cruise industry and its allies in government, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to prevent cruises from U.S. ports for the foreseeable future.
Holland America Line has undergone a number of changes through the COVID-19 pandemic, and will welcome the new Rotterdam this July.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the articles above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this e-Newsletter
Having trouble reading?Download this Issue