May 26, 2021
In this Issue
Here are some of the news articles we are following:
- NCLH-Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings suspending crew assignments "from areas of high Covid-19 prevalence"
- How Princess Cruises Will Change Dining When Sailings Restart — Will Other Lines Follow?
- MSC presents ‘true retail masterpiece at sea’ on maiden UK Virtuosa voyage
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control SARS-CoV-2 variants dashboard
- HAL-Holland America Line restarts cruises from Greece on August 15
- Viking restarts European river cruises in July
- Celebrity resumes Galapagos Islands cruises on July 4
- Norwegian Cruise Line Won’t Require Passengers to Book Shore Excursions Through Ship
- Passenger tests positive for COVID-19 aboard NYK Cruises' ship Asuka 2
- Crew Now Getting Vaccinated at PortMiami
- Why 'world's pharmacy' India is short on shots
- Clinical Infectious Diseases, Volume 72, Issue 10, 15 May 2021 | Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Americans Aboard the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
NCLH-Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings suspending crew assignments "from areas of high Covid-19 prevalence"
NCLH-Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings announced it is temporarily suspending all assignments for its crew members from India, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and South Africa due to surge of Coronavirus/COVID cases in these countries.
How Princess Cruises Will Change Dining When Sailings Restart — Will Other Lines Follow?
Princess Cruises has announced a new program designed to help passengers pre-plan their dining experiences, called Dine My Way. Dine My Way will allow passengers to make reservations in onboard dining rooms and specialty restaurants in a more streamlined way, and also help restaurants manage wait times and optimize capacity.
MSC presents ‘true retail masterpiece at sea’ on maiden UK Virtuosa voyage
The new MSC Virtuosa vessel set sail from the port of Southampton today (20 May) marking the resumption of cruising in the UK following a 14-month hiatus due to the impact of the coronavirus (Covid-19).
This dashboard provides an overview of the proportion of variants of concern and variants of interest in EU/EEA Member States together with sequencing volumes and complements the ECDC country overview report.
Working in coordination with Greece's Government, the Carnival Corporation-owned subsidiary HAL-Holland America Line received approval to restart sailings from Piraeus-Athens in August 2021, with 4 departures aboard the ship ms Eurodam.
Viking Cruises announced it would restart European river operations in July 2021 with select itineraries on rivers in France, Portugal (Douro) and Rhine.
Celebrity Cruises announced its plans to resume sailings in the Galapagos Islands this summer on 3 expedition ships.
Norwegian Cruise Line will not require passengers to book shore excursions through the ship when it resumes sailings this summer, a company executive said in an interview this week.
NYK LINE's subsidiary and travel brand NYK Cruises revealed on Friday, April 30, that its luxury cruise ship Asuka 2 was returning to port after a cruise passenger tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Vaccinating crew members is key to getting passenger cruises safely sailing again, putting hundreds of thousands of Americans back to work – including tens of thousands here in our community,” said Mayor Daniella Levine Cava.
As the world’s largest maker of vaccines, India always was expected to play a pivotal role in global efforts to immunize against COVID-19.
Clinical Infectious Diseases, Volume 72, Issue 10, 15 May 2021 | Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Americans Aboard the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the articles above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this e-Newsletter
Having trouble reading?Download this Issue