June 18, 2021
In this Issue
Here are some of the news articles we are following:
- Royal Caribbean postpones debut of new cruise ship after COVID-19 outbreak
- U.S. Cruise Restart: Which Cruise Lines Require COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Which cruise ships will sail from US hubs this summer? A port-by-port list
- CDC: Screening of Embarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages
- US-Canada border reopening update: Here’s what we know
- United Kingdom: Scientists warn of 40,000 ‘summer wave’ Covid deaths as lockdown lifting delayed by four weeks
- Scotland Bans Cruise Ships Until Covid Cases Drop
- Netherlands: Mandatory negative COVID-19 test result
- Norway Exempts Fully Vaccinated Travellers From Quarantine Requirement
- Best themed cruises for 2021/2022 including Friends, the Beatles and beer
- Impact of COVID-19 on logistics systems and disruptions in food supply chain
Royal Caribbean postpones debut of new cruise ship after COVID-19 outbreak
In a statement sent to TPG, Royal Caribbean said eight crew members on Odyssey of the Seas had tested positive for COVID-19, all on June 10. That was six days after the ship arrived in the U.S. from Europe in advance of its first sailing, which was scheduled for July 3.
At the time the ship arrived in the U.S., none of its 1,400 crew members had been vaccinated for COVID-19. But they were vaccinated soon after the ship’s arrival.
Several cruise lines are on their way back to U.S. homeports this summer.
So, which cruise ships, specifically, will be restarting operations out of U.S. ports in the coming months — and from which specific ports?
There have been signs of life as of late when it comes to the border between the U.S. and Canada finally reopening after being closed for more than a year.
United Kingdom: Scientists warn of 40,000 ‘summer wave’ Covid deaths as lockdown lifting delayed by four weeks
More than 40,000 people could die this summer as the Delta variant of coronavirus sweeps through the UK, even after Boris Johnson’s decision to delay the lifting of lockdown restrictions by four weeks to 19 July, scientists have warned.
In a blow to the recent restart of cruising in England, Scotland has banned cruise calls until COVID-19 cases fall in the country.
When travelling to the Netherlands from a high-risk area you must be able to show a negative COVID-19 test result. Even if you have had a coronavirus vaccination.
The Norwegian authorities have announced that fully vaccinated travellers, as well as those who have recovered from the virus in the last six months, will no longer be subject to the self-isolation requirements.
What do Friends, the Beatles, beer and Star Trek have in common?
The present study focuses on mitigation strategies to manage disruptions in the logistics system of food and healthcare supply chain.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the articles above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this e-Newsletter
Having trouble reading?Download this Issue